Who doesn’t love potato skins? This is how I make them at home, nice and simple. Add your own toppings as desired.
1 lb Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3-4 chopped green onions
1. Bake 6-12 potatoes. I prefer using the microwave to do this many potatoes, just don’t forget to poke holes in them.
2. Let the potatoes cool so you don’t burn your fingers.
3. Slice the baked potatoes in half, and scoop out the middles. Be sure to leave some on the sides so they have “meat” to them.
4. Brush each potato skin, inside and outside, with the melted butter.
5. Arrange the potatoes on a cookie sheet and broil them for 6-10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn dark brown.
6. Fill the potatoes with shredded cheese.
7. Top with chopped green onions for extra flavor.
8. Broil the skins for 2 more minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
9. Let cool, then serve with fresh ranch dressing.